Generating print documents in high quality on-demand
The print engine of ANTEROS provides a much higher performance than that of other catalog systems:
- Print page layout is considerably more flexibility even at 100% automation by using flexible rules instead of rigid, page-based templates (as used by other systems). Even complex print documents can be completely realized with just a few sets of rules in ANTEROS while some competitor systems employ numerous templates to create the same result. The German company ASV Stübbe uses, for instance, five print rules in their ANTEROS solution, while a competing system uses more than 100 templates.
- Much faster print generation: ANTEROS generates print output more than 10 times faster. So it provides you with a print preview after 10 minutes instead of after 2 hours. In proofreading and final layout refinements under tight deadlines, this will be an essential asset.
- Print-on-demand is possible even for product catalogs with a complex structure. ANTEROS generates print documents or excerpts on-demand, without a type setting system. Type setting costs are cut by 100% and this for each edition and language version. For many companies, this functionality enables customer-specific catalogs in the first place.
- Web-based: This feature enables your staff, distributors, partners, and customers to have your ANTEROS solution generate at any time on-demand data sheets and catalog excerpts. Distributors can even include their own logo, if required.
- Fully integrated with your Personal Information Management Tool (PIM). You don’t have to export data via an interface from the PIM system to the print module.
- Support of several character sets, so your ANTEROS solution can generate printed documents in e.g. English, Russian, or Chinese without prompting you to install additional characters sets. A catalog printed in the language of your customers will help you to increase your market share.
ANTEROS.print is the only PIM system that provides a fully automatic generation of documents for print without the need for employing a type setting system.
Before you start the ANTEROS print generation, you make settings, e.g. for printing or hiding prices, select a logo, select the resolution (e.g. high for the printing press, or low for email attachments). You can refine title pages or other ornate pages in any way you like, either with ANTEROS functionality or in the PDF file.
If you want to make further modifications to the layout of certain documents, you can select the INX export format. You can edit files stored in this format with Adobe’s InDesign.