Automated Product Label Creation
The ANTEROS label module allows you to automatically generate labels straight from your product data, labels, e.g. for the product itself, for packaging or outer packaging. Both the label editor and the layout editor are available for this purpose.
Multiple types of labels can be generated within the label generator
- This allows you to create different labels for different applications for a product, for example, a mini-label with only one bar code and the article number directly on the product, a label with more detailed information for packaging, and a label with some other information for outer packaging.
- Different labels can of course be created for different product families or packaging types and sizes.
You can enter general information for each label type and define the layout of the label in the Layout Editor. The following general specifications can be made for each label type:
- Print options: For each label type, you can specify the width and height of the label and how many labels you want to print next to each other. You can adjust any distance between the labels and to the edge of the roll to suit your needs.
- Assign products: Using the label type, you can specify for which products or product families the label is relevant - simply by using a relation, just like in a PIM system
- Preview product: In order to use the preview function while processing a label type, assign a representative product as "preview product".
" ANTEROS enables us to implement our labels much more efficiently. We create flexible label masks, use our product data directly from our PIM system and can even have ANTEROS check whether all texts within the current PIM data fit on the product labels. The printing of labels takes place at our label stations."
- Alexander Engelmann, Jean Müller
The layout editor's editing interface displays elements on the label in the form of "blocks. Each of these blocks has specific setting and output options and can be freely positioned and adjusted on the label according to your requirements. This is what the ANTEROS layout editor can do: it is the perfect solution for you:
- Static elements: Static elements are identical for each generated label, so their contents can be maintained and managed directly in the editor. Thus the content of these elements is always the same and can already be seen in the editor. This can be for example your company logo or a fixed text like "Price".
- Dynamic elements: The contents of dynamic elements refer to a specific product and are therefore dependent on the assigned product data. Therefore, there is only one placeholder in the editor that is filled with data during label generation. This can be, for example, the product name or the article number. A particularly dynamic element is the serial number. You can use it to print consecutive numbers on your labels. If this element is selected, the system counts up (per product) when the label is output outside preview mode.
- Parameter dependencies: Due to the "Condition" property in the Layout Editor, it is possible that elements of the label are only displayed if a parameter has reached a certain value, e.g. only if the width is at least 2.
- Automatic space check: When generating one or more labels, ANTEROS automatically checks whether the product data of the dynamic elements match the available space on the label. With settings in the label you can define that in case of space problems the font should be changed or a warning should appear during print generation.