Mitutoyo: online shops in multiple countries with deep integration into SAP
Mitutoyo is a leading supplier of metrology technology with over 60,000 products and more than 80 subsidiaries in over 40 different countries. Their product range includes handheld measuring devices, optical measuring devices, image processing measuring devices, handheld inspection devices and sensor systems.
Mitutoyo has been using the ANTEROS PIM and cross-media software since 2009. ANTEROS.pim is used to maintain product data, images and translations centrally and efficiently. Interfaces and flexible imports and exports are used both to integrate other IT systems and to export data for resellers and customers in various formats. ANTEROS.print is used to automatically create the complex print catalog on the fly, and now, the eCommerce module ANTEROS.web has been used to implement the online stores for many Mitutoyo countries - with deep integration into SAP.
Product Data as the Basis of OnlineShops
Product data maintenance in ANTEROS is quite extensive at Mitutoyo, due to the large number of products offered and their properties. For example, almost 1,000 product families were created to group over 60,000 products according to common attributes, and almost 1,500 parameter definitions were created to maintain the many very technical parameters of the products in a comprehensible and clear manner. Mitutoyo also places great emphasis on the cross-selling aspect of their online stores. For this purpose, many different product relationships were defined to create links, such as accessories or spare parts, between individual products. In addition, all this information is also translated into 14 languages within ANTEROS.
Online Shops for Mitutoyo Europe
In principle, each Mitutoyo national subsidiary has its own online store.
B2B Online Shops for Mitutoyo Europe
The online shops created with ANTEROS replaced the old ERP web stores, thus the new online stores were immediately used by a large number of customers at the time it went live. The customers can log in with user name and password and see their customer-specific prices, all orders and can even specifically download images and product data in various formats for their own sales. The corresponding customer data is used directly in the online store with an interface to Mitutoyo‘s SAP application. Any visitors to the Mitutoyo stores who are not logged in cannot place orders and special functions are hidden.
“Our ANTEROS online stores are extremely fast. They are deeply integrated with SAP to display customer prices, availabilities, delivery times or order overviews directly from SAP and to automatically reduce order options depending on payment practices. The ANTEROS software offers excellent quality and flexibility, and the customer service and responsiveness from the INCONY team are great.”
- Markus Bauer, Mitutoyo Europe
Online Shop Product Display
Mitutoyo wants to provide their online store customers with a good overview of the most important information about each product. For this purpose, these are listed right at the beginning of the product display and visualized with a variable number of images that can be enlarged by clicking on them. Since the more detailed technical data may not be relevant to each user, Mitutoyo has chosen to write them in different blocks that can be expanded and collapsed as needed. In addition, the product-specific parameters are divided into „Specifications“ and „Dimensions,“ with appropriate drawings illustrating the dimensions right next to them. Besides drawings, an ANTEROS-controlled online store offers the possibility to download brochures, instructions or software related to the product.
The ANTEROS order history lists all orders placed by all customers of the company, even orders that were not placed via the online store but via other order channels are shown.
- You can filter by an order period (from / to).
- If you are looking for orders with a specific product, you can filter by this product.
- If several users have been created in one company, it is possible to only show their own orders.
- It is possible to give the order its own order name and search for this name in the order history.
Types of Orders
- Order via shopping cart: The conventional way of ordering is implemented here. The customer sees a personal customer price, which is determined using the customer and corresponding article number from SAP.
- Partial orders: The store shows the availability of the products from the shopping cart. If products have different delivery times, then, for example, the Italian online store has an integrated function for partial orders and allows an order to be split up.
- Order by Quickorder: If a customer already knows the item number for his order, the Quickorder is the best way to create an order list very quickly.
- Order by EXCEL upload: If a customer enters his order in his ERP system and this does not have a connection to Mitutoyo‘s SAP system, an order export via EXCEL can be started in the ERP system and the resulting file can then be uploaded to the online store. A combination of EXCEL order and order via shopping cart is also possible.
B2C UK Online Shop
Mitutoyo UK previously had an online shop implemented with the Magento store software, in which anyone could order without logging in. This store was also converted to an ANTEROS online store. It quickly became clear that the ANTEROS online store was much faster than the Magento online store. This was already an important point and increased the acceptance by the users. In addition, Mitutoyo‘s PIM data can now also be used for this store, which leads to significant time savings in data maintenance.
In addition, UK-specific assortments can still be entered in PIM and managed by publication assignment. Here, too, only UK list prices are displayed for non-registered users, and additional B2C functions, such as live chat, are also made available.
Planning to renew your web shop or to build a new online shop?
Are you planning to renew your online store or build a new online store in multiple countries and are looking for a good store software? Should the store allow your customers to search comfortably, respond quickly and integrate deeply with your ERP system? Then click the button below to get the free demo of the store software of the future.