Convenient preparation of data from suppliers and external systems
ANTEROS.damex offers flexible filters and mapping functions in order to prepare data from suppliers and external systems with greater efficiency and to be even more flexible regarding exports.
Within ANTEROS.damex we differentiate between usage for:
1) Import of supplier data or data from external systems, the so-called onboarding, and
2) Export to extract product data for partners, distributors and customers (e.g. for their webshops)
Onboading: Convenient Preparation of Data from Suppliers and External Systems
With onboarding, external data can be prepared for import into the PIM system. By setting rules, ANTEROS.damex allows you to define which data is to be filtered, converted or otherwise mapped once per system or supplier. With these settings you can automatically prepare data that usually would not seem to be quite suitable for the PIM system and import it directly into ANTEROS with little effort.
Flexible Exports for your Customers and Partners
In addition to onboarding, ANTEROS.damex can also be valuable for export, if individual distributors, customers or partners need certain data in another way, e.g. enriched by certain data from your ERP system and you only need this data for this one partner and therefore do not need to enter it the PIM system, or another partner wants parameters in other compositions.
Functions for Data Preparation with ANTEROS.damex
In addition to various import and export formats and the integration of standard classifications, you can also use various functions to convert your data automatically:
- Reduce data:If, for example, vendors provide you with product data for the entire assortment, but they only sell a selection of this assortment and therefore only want to transfer this selection to the PIM, you can filter this data. To do this, load a file with the relevant article numbers in ANTEROS.damex and select the Intersection option. This filters out the products in the article number file from the overall assortment file. Further data conversions (see below) can be combined with this.
- Extend data quantity:In the same way, you can combine data from several sources to form union sets or other compositions (inner/outer join). This function can also be combined with data conversions.
- Convert data:If your supplier sends the data in a different format than you have defined in the PIM (for import) or your customer expects you to send data in a different format, you can specify flexible rules to define mappings between data from the PIM and the structures anticipated in import/export. Here are some examples:
- Unit conversions: the supplier sends diameter data in cm, you need it in mm
- Merge multiple attributes into one parameter: if the supplier divides standard specifications such as DIN1234 into two columns for standard name and standard number, but you want to have both in one parameter
- Split an attribute into several parameters: if the supplier provides temperature data in one column with values such as 50, 10..50, 20..100 and they need two columns for temperature-min and temperature-max for the import
- Set default values: if your supplier does not provide data in his files, but requires default values, you can set default values here.
Softwaredemo for the PIM System ANTEROS - convince yourself!
You are planning to introduce a PIM system in order to maintain your product data much more efficiently. Are you interested in what is possible with the technologically leading PIM system ANTEROS and how far you can optimize your processes with it? Then request your free software demo now!